Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy birthday my sweet 3 year old

3 years ago today, my baby girl was born. I can't believe A has been with us for only 3 years. I can't remember life without her! She's brought so much happiness, joy, love, and much more! God blessed us with a sweet and perfect child!



Birth story: A was due on July 22, 2010.. I just knew she'd come early and she was going to be this big long baby... I mean I was huge, therefore she had to be big too, right? I told everyone she was going to be 23 inches long, she was all over my belly....

A was due on a Thursday.. I worked the week she was due because I didn't want my maternity leave to start before I had her. I worked half days all that week, and then would go home and nap. I worked Wednesday  till 1, and came home and napped. My aunt and 2 cousins were coming into town and I knew I'd be extra tired that night. I woke up around 4 and started having contractions. I had no Braxton hicks contractions, and didn't know if this was the real deal or just a fake out. I was timing the contractions and they were getting closer together very quickly. About 5:30, we headed to dinner and I told everyone that I was going to being my bag just in case.. We lived about 30 minutes from the hospital.... And that was on a good night in Nashville traffic. During supper, the stupid waiter kept talking to me and bothering me.. And loved annoying the crap out of my during big contractions. After dinner, I decided we better just head to the hospital because if I went home, we'd have to go back shortly.

The hospital was so busy that they checked me straight into labor and delivery without checking to make sure I was in true labor. Around 10, they asked me if I wanted to get an epidural or walk around... I chose the epidural and tried to get a good nights rest...

Around 6am the doctor came and broke my water.

I started pushing at 12:00pm... And my sweet baby girl was born at 12:25 pm on her due date! There's a 1% chance of that happening! Sweet baby was only 7lbs 2oz and 19 1/2 inches long.. My little short baby! She was and still is perfect! Such a sweet girl!

I can't believe our baby is 3! Best 3 years ever!

My baby girl through the years!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! I hope your enjoying your fall! My name is Heather and I have a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete